About the Forum
A business event that brings together world leaders in the creative industry, creative visionaries as well as representatives of business and government to discuss key issues facing the creative economy.
The goal of the Forum is to spur the development of creative industries in Russia and present their achievements at the global level by using the best world practices and organizing a constructive dialogue between the government, business, and the creative community.
CREATIVE BUSINESS FORUM AT EEF 2021
The success of the first Creative Business Forum at the SPIEF 2021 revealed the need to set up a special space for discussions, presentations, and an exchange of initiatives and knowledge between business, government, and the creative community. The Creative Business Forum gained further traction at the EEF 2021.
The business programme and in the special thematic area of the Innosocium Lab enabled members of the creative community, creative industries, business, and the state to continue their active dialogue. The meeting participants discussed the importance of public and socio-cultural initiatives for the development of the Far East and other regions of Russia, how responsibility should be distributed among the authorities, business, and society, and the development of traditional art industries. The agenda of the Creative Business Forum at the EEF 2021 placed special emphasis on cooperation and assistance to NPOs. In doing so, the Innosocium Foundation managed to consolidate its experience and expertise in the social and creative spheres. An analysis of the best social practices will be used to further improve the foundation needed to develop creative industries in Russia.
Representatives of the state, government agencies, and the regions:
- Gulnaz Kadyrova, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Elena Druzhinina, Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation (online)
- Aysen Nikolayev, Head of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
- Irina Levkovich, Minister of Culture of the Trans-Baikal Territory
- Yury Yermoshkin, Minister of Culture of the Khabarovsk Territory
- Gavril Kirillin, Minister for External Relations and People’s Affairs of the Government of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
- Vera Shcherbina, First Deputy Governor and Chairman of the Government of the Primorye Territory
Representatives of business:
- Anna Shabarova, Vice President for HR Policy and Social Responsibility, Russian Copper Company
- Alla Sbitneva, Executive Director, Sberbank
- Leonid Petukhov, Managing Partner and Member of the Management Board, AFK Sistema
- Irina Makiyeva, Chief Managing Partner for Urban Development, Urban Solutions and Development of Single-Industry Towns Unit, VEB.RF
- Anna Tsivileva, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Kolmar Group
- Svetlana Fefilova, Deputy General Director, Gazprom Media
- Dmitry Sharkov, Regional Corporate Affairs Manager, Philip Morris Sales and Marketing
Representatives of specialized organizations and experts from the social and creative sectors:
- Roman Karmanov, General Director, Cultural Initiatives Fund
- Anton Dolgov, Executive Director, Presidential Grants Fund
- Zelfira Tregulova, General Director, State Tretyakov Gallery
- Alexey Bazhenov, Founder, Beinopen New Fashion Industry Forum
- Igor Nosov, Acting General Director, Far East Development Corporation
- Afanasy Savvin, General Director, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) Development Corporation
- Victor Shalay, Director, Arsenyev Museum of Far East History
- Corey Andrew Barr, Director, Art Central Hong Kong (online)
- Shyevin S’ng, Founder, Vin Gallery (online)
More than a hundred people took part in the events of the Innosocium Foundation, the Roscongress Foundation’s social platform, as speakers, moderators, and facilitators. Over 500 participants in the EEF 2021 attended the sessions and discussions organized by the Foundation. More than 200,000 people viewed live video broadcasts of the Creative Business Forum’s sessions. Social media posts were viewed by more than 6,000 unique users.
The programme was drafted in cooperation with the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, the governments of Khanty-Mansi Autonomous District and the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), the Agency for Strategic Initiatives, the Presidential Grants Fund, the Cultural Initiatives Fund, the Donors Forum, and other experts and opinion leaders from the creative and social sectors.
As deputy CEO of the Roscongress Foundation and director of the Innosocium Foundation, the social platform of the Roscongress Foundation, Marinina is responsible for organizing work with NPOs and promoting the social agenda and initiatives that aim to establish a civil society. She is a member of the Russian government’s Council on Guardianship in the Social Sector; chairwoman of the Agency for Strategic Initiatives Working Group on the Development of Creative Industries and Support for Cultural and Historical Heritage Projects; member of the Russian delegation of the Women 20 (W20); member of the Council and the Organizing Committee of the Eurasian Women’s Forum; and co-chairwoman of the International Cultural Exchange Working Group in the BRICS Civil Forum.
HISTORY OF THE FORUM
RUSSIAN CREATIVITY WEEK 2020
The Creative Business Forum was held for the first time in September 2020 as part of the first Russian Creativity Week in Moscow’s Gorky Park. The Forum’s international partner was INTERNI Designer’s Week Milano and the event was supported by Design Miami, the Venice Biennale, Art Basel, and Belgrade Design Week. Ten sessions were held over three days and attended by more than 70 experts: First Deputy Chief of Staff of the Russian Presidential Administration Sergey Kiriyenko, Agency for Strategic Initiatives General Director Svetlana Chupsheva, TV Anchor and Journalist Vladimir Pozner, Director Timur Bekmambetov, Match TV General Producer Tina Kandelaki, and many others.
In June 2021, the Creative Business Forum made its debut at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, one of the main business event of the year. The overarching theme of the Creative Business Forum at SPIEF 2021 was ‘Creative Economy in a New Reality’.
The UN has declared 2021 the International Year of the Creative Economy for Sustainable Development, so the Forum’s business programme paid special attention to international cooperation.
Main discussion themes:
- Ecosystem of creative industries
- Human capital
- Creative cities and territorial development
- Creative economy: new rules of the game
This marked the first time at the SPIEF that leaders of creative industries in Russia and foreign experts had a chance to discuss the latest trends in the creative economy, the creation of a creative ecosystem, the emergence of Russian projects to a global level, the future of women entrepreneurs in creative industries, the development of cities and creative clusters, work with young talent, the digitalization of art, filmmaking, creative education, and the fashion of the future.
Director of the Russian Presidential Directorate for Public Projects Sergey Novikov, Minister of Culture Olga Lyubimova, Minister of Science and Higher Education Valery Falkov, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Gulnaz Kadyrova, Agency for Strategic Initiatives General Director Svetlana Chupsheva, Soyuzmultfilm Film Studio Chairman of the Board Yuliana Slashcheva, and many others discussed issues concerning the future of the creative economy together with directors, designers, urban studies experts, art managers, and bloggers.
The Creative Business Forum is organized by the Innosocium Foundation, the social platform of the Roscongress Foundation (innosocium.org).
The strategic partners of the Creative Business Forum at SPIEF 2021 are the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade and Gazprom-Media Holding.
The Forum is supported by the Russian Ministry of Culture and the Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
The Innosocium Foundation, the social platform of the Roscongress Foundation, was established to facilitate a constructive dialogue between business, government, and civil society.
The Innosocium Foundation’s activities primarily aim to develop culture, creative industries, education, youth initiatives, women’s leadership, and social communications.
The Foundation’s main objectives are to provide practical support for priority areas of social development, create and promote the social agenda at the communication platforms of the Roscongress Foundation, implement charitable initiatives, enhance the effectiveness of NPOs and corporate social responsibility, and bolster international cooperation as part of the sustainable development agenda.